Saturday 13 August 2011

171km, the days are starting to blur.

Hello,

Today sucked. I left the Orr`s house way to late because I was too disorginized. I was in a lot of discomfort right off the bat and had to switch bib shorts. My legs felt okay but still were really tired from lack of sleep. My fault totally again. Thanks again guys for having me over for the night. I really can't thank you enough because it makes this ride so much easier for me and my family. I am absolutely drained as I write this. I was in some sort of pain for 90 percent of the day. Considering I rode 171km in just over 7 hours thats a lot of time. I arrived in Alberta today which was a small victory. The scenery is pretty amazing but most of the time I was in too much pain to think about it! haha My ipod died after just 2 hours so that was unfortunate. At km 120 i burned through all my glycogen stores and started to get totally wasted, then the bugs came out and I got hit by thousands of them on my face and body. This ride has a couple great highs but most of the time I am suffering in some way or form. I am okay witht that though, I knew it was going to be hard. There is a photo of me holding my bike up at the Albertan boundry and than another one of me passed out in the exact same spot a minute later. Staying positive is really important and I always try to look at the bright side of this situation. I was going to make this post humourous but I figured you guys should know exactly how I am. I think thats pretty cool because I am completely honest on this blog. Its more of a journal than anything. Tomorrow is Lethbridge and onward. I don't even know the day of the week anymore. I just think in kilometers. I will now leave you with one of my favorite songs on my ipod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY ..........okay so as i was just about to post this i heard a bunch of scratching. There is a kid my age outside my window with long long hair dancing in a circle. He is just shuffling his feet like some weight watchers move. Cigrette in hand he spins and spins to no music at all haha. I really want to laugh but i think he will hear me and i have no one to share this with. He just lit a smoke while circle dancing, that requires some skills and dedication. Erin...you should be here. I finnish this with a smile on my face

ps some guy gave the the slow finger today out the car window and while i was wearing my piney. A gun shot went off shortly after. ahhhh Welcome to Alberta!http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2011/03/cinnamon-sugar-pull-apart-bread/

1 comment:

Dave Marcotte said...

Sounds tough ADam. Not as tough as you though. Flatlands ahead. It is all good.

Dave