Friday 12 August 2011

I < 3 timezone changes

Hey everyone,

Left the Le roux residence today and got lost right off the bat.I laughed at my self and my inability to comprehend simple directions.... I got lost a lot today. I set off eventually in the right direction . I was missing the adventure of the road..It had only been 24 hours! I was rocken out to Back street boyzzzzz when I heard a hisss. I sighed and hopped off my bike to discover a slow leak. I learnt from earlier that I should replace it instead of riding on a 40psi tire....I put on some better music and fixed my first flat on the road. The rest of the day was pretty great, I climbed by this huge lake and some guy was water sking. I felt really strong and wasn't getting tired from the constant kilometers. I finally made it to Cranbrook and hung out at a bike shop with these pretty cool guys. Working in a bike shop with friends is way too much fun to be called work. On the road I was in such a good mood I had a minor dance party....one could have called it a "small rage". Cars got involved too which was hilarious. The ipod is like my mana source in world of war craft. I need to recharge it....or I die. I am staying with a friend of the Le roux's. They are awesome and I find it quite fascinating to live in such a small town. I meet with my mom tomorrow which is sweet for a bunch of reasons. One being I have a friend on the road that can provide the many amenities that I need. Two being I finally can wear my jersey that says what I am doing. I will be proud to slide that over my torso. My body has changed in the past from a total commitment to sport. I used to row 6 days a week last year and my back was like a gorilla. From the scientific point of view I think its pretty cool how your body can adapt to extreme stress. On the first 2 days I would literally lose my mind after I got of the bike...My body would shake feel forieng. I would feel really sick while my dad ran around like a crazy man trying to help me. Now I am perfectly fine after I get off. Just really, really hungry. My quads dont really belong to me anymore. Lance and Thor have started a family and have two kids called Rock crusher and Thunder punch. (my calfs) My legs are like pistons up the hills and propell me with speed I didnt really know I had. It's pretty cool to be in great condition so soon. I think genetics are who I owe a thank you to. Tomorrow is the same as today, 160km but who knows what will happen. Every day is so different and challenging. I think thats what I love about this ride so much. Till tomorrow..

A

2 comments:

Ann Marcotte ( not your Mom) said...

Adam: Another great read. I have committed to sending your blog to at least 5 people a day for inspirational reading and fund raising.Dave is wanting to join you for a portion of the ride in Ontario and is gearing up his training. Although his quads while not named are not Greek god like,more the marathon running type.Have a good day and today the advice is not from the Mom in me but physiotherapist. Take care of all your muscles and joints

Ann

Anonymous said...

Adam
It was a pleasure to have you around and see your enthusiasm and love for life. Keep up with it especially during the study years! Le Rouxs