Thursday 14 July 2011

Cross Training and Donating

I write from the true west coast, Tofino.The last 2 weeks have been pretty incredible. I went camping with a bunch of friends to Sidney Spit which has become sort of a ritual for us each year. There is so much to do on that island I find it hard to get bored. The day after I came home from that trip I left for Whistler. I biked to the ferry and then biked to Vancouver to meet a friend who was giving me a ride up the mountain. Cycling downtown was an adrenline rush I won't forget. For 40 minutes I felt like a bike messenger in New York, sprinting intersections and passing cars. After an hour or so I finally met up with with Mish and headed up the mountain. All in all the trip was awesome. "Commit to the team" was a our big motto throughout the trip. There were a couple other mottos that don't really belong on here haha. Now I am in Tofino..there is a special vibe here that lets you just totally unwind. The swell was unreal on S. Chestermans tonight. I caught this one 6 foot face and dropped in with incredible speed. The rush of water propelled me for many meters while my brother flailed about next to me. I have surfed in a couple countries but tonight, in Tofino, it was unmatched. I cant wait for tomorrow and the next day....and the next day. I never want to leave! haha

I finally have a link from which you can donate to the BC Cancer Foundation. http://donate.bccancerfoundation.com/site/TR?pg=fund&fr_id=1250&pxfid=9721

Every dollar counts.


    
 Thanks for visiting and have a nice day.

No comments: