Friday 22 July 2011

Exciting news!

      Hello everyone, as the ride departure date approaches things in my life seem to get busier and busier. I barely have time to ride! haha I have some wonderful news to share. A good friend of mine has committed to donating to 5 dollars a kilometre. Considering I am riding over 4500km now depending on the exact route I take - if you do the math that’s $22,500. Not only that but he has committed to matching donations you guys make up to 15 dollars a kilometre....This is exciting for a couple reasons. One being that this ride has now taken flight and is bigger than just me. Reason two being that now you guys have some motivation to give and donate that 5 dollars that’s been lying around. I am going to post a letter later that Steve sent me so you can see for yourself.

      In other news I recently was awarded the Amazing Kid award by /A\ Channel and was interviewed about the ride and my life. Hopefully that gains some attention when it airs next Thursday July 28th at the end of the 5 o’clock news. Things are started to really heat up and I feel as though time is running out! I leave in just 15 short days. I have a new website to donate to and I hope to see some donations soon. The link is http://donate.bccancerfoundation.com/site/TR?pg=fund&fr_id=1250&pxfid=9721

Goodbye for now!

No comments: