Tuesday 5 July 2011

Training and Summer

       I figured I should update this blog every once and a while to keep you guys interested before I head off. Training for a ride like this can be done a couple ways. One being ride everyday like your training for RAM (race across America) which consists of eating, riding and sleeping. Another being ride just for fun and enjoying life instead! I am somewhere in between. I injured my hip flex er while playing in islands this year for soccer and it is still looming over my head. It's super frustrating because I feel it every time I ride or swim or run...as a result it has thrown my triathlon season out the window this year. Unfortunate yes, but as long as this ride is a success I am cool with that. I ride just about every day, 20km-130km generally. I try to make it fun, time trialing up to my friends house 40km ( my record is about 70 min) or riding with a group of friends in a pace line to train for provincials. When I am not riding I am sleeping or eating mass quantities of cheerios and nectarines. I have found that it is really important to balance out the athletics with friends and family. Summer in Victoria is by far my favorite time of year. I am going camping in 2 hours and than up to Whistler for a couple night and than to Tofino to surf shortly after. I plan to ride instead of drive to most of these locations haha (Sea to Sky highway is going to be an adventure).

      Some of you are probably wondering how to donate to this awesome cause. I contacted the BC cancer agency and they are setting up and account for me.There will be a link on my blog within a couple days, sorry for the delay. How it would work is you make a donation using a credit card and than the amount would be placed in my donation account within the agency. Super easy and simple. Have a great week and enjoy the sun, I am going for a quick dip in the ocean. Another update will follow soon....mystical.

No comments: