Thursday 4 August 2011

Hello and Goodbye

This will be one of the final posts before I head off on Saturday. So much has happened in the last 4 days I can't even begin to explain it all. The media has caught wind of my ride and I had interviews all today. They are exhausting because you must talk and go over the same actions over and over again, that's TV I guess. I am extremely fortunate however that they are happening. The ride will get some attention in our community and hopefully more people will donate. I just got off the phone with Janette from the BC cancer Foundation. Everyone seems to be really touched and inspired after I explain to them why and how I am doing this ride. To me, on the physical side of things, its just a lot of exercises but I think to others its so much more. I am basically mentally drained as I write you this. Everyday has new challenges to overcome and so many tasks to complete. Mom and Dad, I love you. With out either of you I would not have to opportunity to accomplish any of this. I would probably ride to UVIC next year instead haha (UVIC is a great school).

I have to say my goodbyes to many good friends tonight. These are people who I love and care about and have made my life what it is. I will be sad to leave but I know it is the right choice. Without change one cannot grow. At 17, its time to grow. Those are my thoughts at least. I know over the coming days I will have to do things way beyond my limits and that is really what is getting to me. Failure is an option if I feel like I am going to sustain an injury that will affect the rest of my life. That's the only time I will step off my bike I think. I care about this ride more than I care about many things in life. It is so much bigger than me now, I am merely the face of 100s of peoples effort that has gone in. All that's left to do is time trial 4700km to Queens. Enough talking and its time to show what a determined young man can do in 30 days. Its time to Change what was once thought of as impossible. Its time to leave.

A

No comments: