Monday 8 August 2011

Day 3, Lach and Tyler in da houseeee (160km)

Hey everyone!

Today was awesome, I started in Princeton and am now at a small Bed and Breakfast in Rock creek. The first 10km sucked because I was back on the saddle that my body is still adjusting too. Eventually I got in my groove and listened to Michael Beuble's top hits (my moms music). Music is a huge part of this trip for me. Songs remind me of people, places and memories I have had over the years. Sammy Adams makes me think of Whistler. "babyyyyy your drivennn me crazzyyyy" haha anyways I destroyed the first 60 km and started to climb...and climb..and then climb some more. Osoyoos is very mountainous. Eventually I arrived at the lake and met up with 2 friends. That was really awesome for a couple reasons. It reminded me that I have friends. Also, I got to talk to someone besides my bike "Kelly" haha ( I don't actually talk to my bike, that's kinda weird) After a big lunch and a couple equipment adjustments I was off. it was 5:30pm (way too late) I started to climb out of the valley. Holy was that ever hard, I climbed for 25 km...!!!!!!! straight climbing. I feel like I'm in the tour. Somehow my quads were being pistons again and powered me to the top of mt Anarchy (4000ft). The road smoothed out and I started to descend and fly. New top speed! 74.8 km/hour...at that speed things start to get a little wild. I saw some deer today and a big bull, a couple lamas and a dog. Wildlife is kinda lame right now but I always make some weird noise as I ride by to see what they do. Most just stare like I'm some crazy animal zipping across the road but some jump around or run in herds. yep, that's what my highlights are of each day haha. I can't explain how beautiful this province is. To tell you the truth I secertly am falling in love with this. There is so much pain and suffering but once you get past that it is a once in a life time adventure. I feel like the young man in "Into the Wild". I powered past the B and B to reach 160km for the day. I feel so great! I will now give you this song to really express the feeling in my legs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSK9kkM7GL4

Its 10 pm and I need to sleep but so far the trip is going awesome. However,there will be extreme lows over the coming days, especially since my Dad is leaving. I will be alone for 5 nights. Pretty crazy considering how much he does for me while I'm out here battling. Big shout out to T-pain (Tarun) for improving the blog..The Global interview was hilarious. "but just an hour in, Adam, was already lost" That makes me laugh every time. I have come to the realization that I can actually do this. The next coming days are pretty much make or break though. Wish me luck. This will be my last post for 4 days. Kobus, if your reading. I will be at your place on the 10th. you know my number, Cell coverage is pretty terrible so I may just show up at your door. Surprise! haha Alright, Goodnight everyone, "and I'm feeling....goood"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your story on Global TV. Way to go! Do you have an approximate itinerary, e.g. where you'll be riding and when? Maybe you'd like some company when you're riding through the prairies?
Best wishes for the rest of your journey.

Adam said...

That would be fantastic. I will be in the prairies at some point in the near future. I will let you know. I ride about 160km everyday. Today I ride to Castlegar. Talk to you soon

Adam said...

hey turns out I am in the prairies faster than I thought. I will hit Sask today at about 1. Let me know if you want to ride together at any point. I could always use some company. my cell is 588-0383