Sunday 21 August 2011

0km has never felt so good.

Hello,

Today was more of a personal health day than a rest day. It started pretty early and I headed down for a complimentary breakfast. I had steak and eggs which was a new experience for me. I was living large haha. After breakfast I headed to bed again and watched tv...I was really taking it easy. The family went for a walk around the city and I headed to the gym to poke around. I ended up on a treadmill oddly enough and had a leisurely walk. Later my brother came back to the room and we went swimming. I did 30 lengths and jumped in the hot tub. I miss swimming and running because they are a great total body workout and actually really fun. After the pool I headed down to the room for a nap. I was awaken by my dad calling telling me I had my massage appt in 40 min 5 blocks away. I got dressed in a ridiculas outfit that consisted of knee high socks, 5 year old t shirt and some soccer shorts and skate board shoes. I was ready to hit the town haha I jogged/walked to the appt and checked in. I have never been to a spa before and was basically a bull in a china shop. I have been going at 100 percent for the last 2 weeks so relaxing actually took some effort. I enjoyed some snacks and a magazine while elderly people looked at me in an awkward fashion. Eventually my massage theripist came up and shook my hand. I was hoping for a guy named Boris who was 250 pounds of muscle to re organize Lance and Thor and the kids because they grew up way too fast. Instead I got a guy who weighed less than me. I had an open mind about this though and headed into the room. I squirmed under the blanket and started to doze off. Jake was actually really good at inflicting pain all over my body and stripping my whole back. It hurt a bunch but felt so good afterwards. I told him about my ride and this was one of my few rest days. I think he extended the massage which was awesome. When I was released I had a shower, shaved for the first time in a while and steamed. I felt like an average person again! I walked back to the Hotel to find my whole family on the front grass working on the bikes. That was actually fun and I got Kelly in order for the final push to destroy the final province. I am really looking forward to the hills actually, it's way more exciting than flat lonely fields. Tomorrow we will pile in the car and get out of Winnipeg before I set off. It will be a lot different having other riders with me and I am a little concerned with whether Michael and dad will be able to keep up. I can't really wait up because It takes so long to bike 160km already. My legs feel awesome and stronger than ever. I am just past halfway and still have so far to go...I hope I don't injure myself in Ontario. That would be really unfortunate for me seeing as I would probably ride through it. That's all for now.

Goodnight

Winnipeg MB

No comments: