Tuesday 27 September 2011

Thanks

Hello,

This may be the final post I write in this particular blog. My goal was never to continue this blog after the ride finished. I have been thinking about my ride more often now and have realized a couple things. I am so lucky I finished. So many things could have gone wrong that were out of my control. The list is pretty much endless but thankfully I avoided failure. When I am having a bad day now I just stop and think how  thankful I am to be alive, that generally cheers me up pretty quick. There were so many close calls with cars because of the terrible shoulder in Ontario or a couple careless drivers in Alberta.My biggest fear was not failing to finish. It was my parents having to update the blog because I had passed away in an accident that day. I didn't fear my death but the aftermath of my passing for my family.  Another thing I have not realized but would rather voice is that, even though I was the person who rode into Queens and my name is in the media, my family are the ones to thank for raising over 44 thousand dollars for cancer research. This ride would not have been a possibility let alone a success without them. People tell me that this was a selfless act but in truth it was one of the most selfish things I have ever done in some regards. My family would drive in the car all day feeding and watering their powerful machine (me) as I rode through the day. My mom drove for 8 hours a day for 20 days at least just to reach queens and than drove all the way home. She is truly an amazing women and I am so lucky to have a super mom. My brother sacrificed a large part of his summer to support me and my dad spent many precious vacation days. If you ever see them in the community give them a high five for me, they deserve it. My life has been pretty intense thus far and now school is my new journey. Queens Kin is pretty challenging but I am putting in the effort. I love my program but more importantly the people in it. Every year is really awesome and the proffs are really great too. I am meeting with Dr Ross this Friday which I am looking forward too. Media still attempts to contact me. I got a phone call today to be in a magazine, the caller told me over 100 000 thousand people read it. I thought that was cool because the article might generate some donations. Tonight I have meetings for about 3 hours and than homework. My life is so busy but I am used to organized chaos. This weekend I am hopefully racing Hard wood hills with the Mountain bike team. I haven't ridden a mtb since the start of summer but I am really stoked.  I have a Chemistry tutorial now and must go. The ride is over but my life is still ever changing. Each day is filled with new challenges and mixes of emotions. I am teaching myself piano in my residence and will probably write a couple songs by the end of the year. You learn something new everyday here. Thank you to all that supported me, all the comments and the emails. I will remember what you did for me for the rest of my life. I have no idea what the future will hold but I am excited and as always, ready for the challenge. I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes. I live my life by this sentence and so far its been pretty great.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

-Gandhi

Thanks and see some of you at Christmas.

Adam Beaudoin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you, Adam. Hope to meet you during the holidays.

Vic exercise phys

I leave you with one of my fave peoms by R. Frost:

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.