Friday 12 August 2011

Rest Day, oh yay.

Hello,

I woke up today with a smile on my face. What a crazy day yesterday! I feel like a new man..(key word being man). I went upstairs to a wonderful breakfast....I love this family. I know that they will read my blog and see this . I have yet to work up the courage to tell them how great they are. They are from South Africa and are all beautiful people. I don't mean that in the way of physical looks but spiritually they are wonderful. I am so happy that I was able to spend some time with such great people.I am still riding on the high of yesterday. What happened to me on that mountain I will carry with me till the day I pass away. It showed me that anything is possible, and not just in the physical aspect of life. I can do anything, be anyone and live life exactly how I want. Imagine feeling that. Its like I have a new life, I used to read about how people go through life changing experiences and wondered if it would ever happen to me. I am so so so soo soooooo thankful it did. As I head off to university I go on with a new confidence and I think that's really important. I met a man named Terry today, what a sweet guy. I got to see how kokenee is made and Wild cat as well. Pretty cool to see the beers I will be enjoying soon..... once I am legal of course (lol). After the tour I saw what he does and met his co-workers.Some shook my hand, others offered a smile.This made me smile too. I don't know how often you guys look at the global news but the world is not doing so well. The Global economy is faltering off the fake relief of the stimulus plans. Europe's economy is falling apart, there are massive nightly riots in London, Afghanistan was a failed mission and cost of lifes and money. The old way of life will return after a couple years, we just wont hear about it on CNN. I think that my story and what I do offers some light in such a dark situation we are in. I have full belief in the power of the human spirit. Ive seen its power first hand and I would have never attempted to save 2 peoples lifes if I thought differently. I think its really important to find something to believe in, to have faith. Im not talking about religion, I mean to believe in your self, your family. Belief that human nature is naturally good deep down. Our past forms who we are today but the future is a complete variable. That's just the way I think at least. In my grad write up I wrote "The only constant in life is death, everything else is a variable. This, is a beautiful thing." I think that's why I live the life I live. Anyways, I should go to bed, I have to ride 152km tomorrow and am sooo worried. Not actually haha I will be fine. The rest day was awesome and was the right descion. I go forth to the final leg..24 days, of my journey. I will never have a day like yesterday for a while, probably ever. That's okay though because you only need to feel that wild,powerful, moving moment once.

Goodnight

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam,

Read all your experiences and adventures so far........
We met briefly on day 2 between Manning Park and Princeton - do you remember, you got off your bike introduced yourself and handed me one of your cards, which I feel very privileged of to have met you personaly; especially when I told my husband back home in Penticton, who has seen you the night before on CTV:):)
That's not a coincidence - we had to meet!!
Way to go Adam........
Wishing you all the energies you need to have, be open to all the people and adventures along your path - wishing you all the best!
You are blessed young man!!
Sibille Beyer,
Penticton
(250)493-4317
P.S. Any time you would like to come to Penticton, maybe for an Ironman race sometime, you will be our guest!!

Ann Marcotte said...

Wow Adam another inspirational blog post. Looking forward to catching up to you tomorrow. Love Mom

Terry said...

Hey Adam, great to meet you yesterday. My co-workers had great things to say about you.

I hope the bike ran well after the tune up. Keep on chuggin' and keep the rubber side down!

Ride safe, cheers.

Terry

Adam said...

Sibille, of course I remember you! haha That day was really hard. I may have to take you up on that offer in a years time. I have always wanted to do an Ironman.Terry, turns out I got a slow leak in the rear about 15 km in. I swapped tubes and refilled proberly in Cranbrook. today felt like a rest day. My legs are so much stronger now. The gears work great by the way, thanks again.