Sunday 7 August 2011

Day 2. 151km....too tired to think of anything better

Hello everyone,

Firstly I apologize if parts of this may sound weird, I had a long day. I left Hope At 9 today and immediately started to climb. I climb 4904ft to the top of mt Allison. It took me 3 hours to get up to the summit but my legs felt strong and I kept on going. I jumped into a river too cool down and soon the bugs started to attack me. About 30 km down the road a Black Bear ran out right in front of me. I hit the brakes as he ran across the road to safety. I climbed again for another 2 hours, this time I was flying up the mt. My legs were pumping like pistons and I was destroying the km. I realized there were cars parked on the road. I kept on climbing and passed hundreds of cars. It turns out there was a motorcycle accident. The bike was split in 2 and lying on opposite sides of the road...the helmet was farther up the road. I won't get into the details but It shook me up a bit knowing that someone died. I saw the person's water bottle still intact lying next to as I rode by. I picked up a small paint chip of the bike as a reminder for the danger of the roads ahead. "be thankful for your position in life because it can change in an instant" I'm risking my life every day I step out the door to do my 160. When you're out here, doing what I'm doing, you have to find something to believe in. The rest of the day went by as the first. I hit a wall at 100km and got super thirsty because my dad was stuck in the back up. I started to crash and had to take some drastic measures to maintain my energy levels. Eventually I arrived in Princeton after a really long day in the saddle. I have to take this thing one day at a time or my mind will probably just fall apart haha Time for bed but I hope tomorrow goes well. My legs need sleep. Wish me Luck

A

1 comment:

Steve said...

Keep going Adam. We are watching you blog every day.. You are doing a great thing. Steve Clark and family