Friday 29 July 2011

8 days till lift-off

Hey everyone,

         Things have calmed down a bit after Shawnigan. As I said before I was going on TV for a scholarship I won. Here is the video clip that they made for me. I don't really like that its called "Amazing Kid", I think it should be called "Kids in the Community" or something like that. The interview when I was in my cycling gear was actually about 10 minutes long and they left out some key accomplishments in my life. One example is the solar panel project were 5 students raised 40 000 dollars to put up 2 solar panels on Oak Bay High's roof. Also the photos in the video that look like I was running or just wearing those really long socks are from the Grand Canyon. I ran 30 km in about 4 and a half hours ( down to phantom Ranch than back up). Anyways, here is the clip.



      I am taking a little break on the cycling part of training so I can be fully rested for August 6th. Once I leave there will be no "easy days". My legs will have only about 12 hours to recover each night before biking another 160km the next day. I recently got in touch with an old friend that lives in Creston, this is the only planned place to stay!
I'm more than willing to sleep in the car almost every night though.....I just have to convince my mom.

      I said goodbye to a good friend of mine last night. I keep on forgetting that when I say goodbye on the 6th to all my friends, it will be goodbye for 5 months. I am not even thinking about Queens right now though, the ride is predominant focus on my mind.

That's all for now

No comments: